Special Notices and Upcoming meetings:
Please do not rake leaves or blow grass clippings in the Village Streets as this plugs up the storm drains.
The Village of Akron is currently looking for a Zoning Administrator. More information is available through the Village President and/or Village Clerk.
The Village of Akron
Akron was setltled by Charles H. Beach in 1854. It was originally known as Beach's Corners. It was renamed Akron at the time a post office was established in 1857. The village is located on the boundary between Akron Township on the north and Fairgrove Township on the south, with the village area approximately evenly split between the two. The Akron post office, with ZIP code 48701, also serves the southern and western portions of Akron Township, as well as portions of northern Fairgrove Township, most of eastern Wisner Township, and smaller portions of western Columbia Township and Almer Township.